Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Sohbet

Advanced

Crap General

Posted by WiiCrazy 
Crap General
February 02, 2010 05:53PM
For discussion regarding issues not specific to certain releases....

Re: Crap General
November 26, 2010 12:06PM
Could you please add support for .wbfs files?
I know that we can open them with CRAP but just the .iso extension is shown in the open dialog so we have to type in *.wbfs everytime.

Thanks and greets smiling smiley
November 26, 2010 12:33PM
Hmm, possible... but didn't even knew it even worked for wbfs files. It seems Omega Frost's library already supports it...

"security, like correctness, is not an add-on feature." andrew s. tanenbaum, 5.4.4 design principles for security (operating systems, design and implementation second edition)
twitter | blog | homepage
November 26, 2010 01:05PM
Works like a charm.

Would be more comfotable to have both extensions in the open dialog.
November 26, 2010 01:13PM
D-Jay
Works like a charm.

Would be more comfotable to have both extensions in the open dialog.

Btw you can already do it by changing the language files..

For ex. in Deutsch.xml in Lang folder...
change below string
    <Item key="ISOFILESFILTER">ISO-Dateien|*.iso</Item>

to
    <Item key="ISOFILESFILTER">ISO-Dateien|*.iso|WBFS-Dateien|*.wbfs</Item>

"security, like correctness, is not an add-on feature." andrew s. tanenbaum, 5.4.4 design principles for security (operating systems, design and implementation second edition)
November 26, 2010 02:38PM
Changed it to

<Item key="ISOFILESFILTER">Image-Dateien|*.ciso;*.iso;*.wbfs</Item>

All types and the entry work.

Thank you so much!
November 26, 2010 06:38PM
D-Jay
Changed it to

Image-Dateien|*.ciso;*.iso;*.wbfs

All types and the entry work.

Thank you so much!

Ciso? Does it indeed support it?

November 26, 2010 06:52PM
Seems that they're working. I just have two of them and they work.
December 03, 2010 01:07AM
Ts it possible to update configurable forwarder with intro=0 1 2 3 ??

Pip'
December 03, 2010 07:17AM
Pippin666
Ts it possible to update configurable forwarder with intro=0 1 2 3 ??

Pip'

Possibly, but I definitely need to get a rest from my current job.

By the time I implement it, here is a possible hack,

1. Open crap.cfg and find the loader entry for Configurable Forwarder no intro
2. Duplicate this loader entry changing the name & filename entry... also duplicate the loader dol files under Loaders folder
3. Using a hex editor open copies of ConfForwarderNoIntro.dol and search for intro=0 and then change the 0 there appropriately, and save the file...

Then you'll get 4 different forwarders which use intro=0 / 1 / 2 or 3

December 03, 2010 09:29AM
Hello WiiCrazy,

It appears that the cfg forwarder that is in the crap package, has problems if the cfg loader is built with new devkit and libogc.
However if I use the wiiflow forwarder and copy the cfg loader to /apps/wiiflow/boot.dol then it works fine.
So I suspect there might be some bug or problem with the cfg forwarder that you use.
Can you tell me what is the difference between cfg and wiiflow forwarders?
What are the code changes, are they built different devkit and libogc?

Here are a few posts related to this issue:
http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-usb-loader?view=findpost&p=3300850
http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-usb-loader?view=findpost&p=3304858
December 03, 2010 09:50AM
oggzee
Hello WiiCrazy,

It appears that the cfg forwarder that is in the crap package, has problems if the cfg loader is built with new devkit and libogc.
However if I use the wiiflow forwarder and copy the cfg loader to /apps/wiiflow/boot.dol then it works fine.
So I suspect there might be some bug or problem with the cfg forwarder that you use.
Can you tell me what is the difference between cfg and wiiflow forwarders?
What are the code changes, are they built different devkit and libogc?

Here are a few posts related to this issue:
http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-usb-loader?view=findpost&p=3300850
http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-usb-loader?view=findpost&p=3304858

Dude,
PM'ed you on gbatemp, sorry to make you register here for this problem.

About the forwarder source btw, it's still Narolez forwarder, only contains changes to parameter handling.

See here : [code.google.com]

I also suspect there could also be a problem with the argument handling stuff... that explains why wiiflow forwarder worked for you...

December 03, 2010 10:18AM
Got the PM thanks!
Ok let me know if you can reproduce the problem (I can) and if building the cfg forwarder with the new devkit fixes this issue.
Note, you can use these dols to test:
built with new devkit, crashes with cfg forwarder, but works with wiiflow forwarder:
[cfg-loader.googlecode.com]
build with the old devkit, works with cfg forwarder:

I have taken a quick look at the fwd source and I would suggest moving the placeholder buffer to a global variable and set the size greater, like this:

#define CFG_SIZE (14+1024)
#ifdef CFGUL
#ifdef DEBUG
char defaultConfig[CFG_SIZE] = "CFGCNF0000000debug=1 partition=NTFS1";
#else
char defaultConfig[CFG_SIZE] = "CFGCNF0000000PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMET";
... same for the rest of the loaders

This way the placeholder is larger and you don't have to fill out the entire string with text, the rest will be filled with '\0'
Also, I would increase:

#define MAXPARAMETERS 32
#define MAXPARAMETERSIZE 32

Just in case .. for better flexibility...
December 03, 2010 11:09AM
Thanks for the suggestions, indeed with all the supported parameters passed the array I've declared there may exceed it's max size. Code is just quick & dirty btw.

December 03, 2010 01:26PM
fyi: Confirmation that crap's wiiflow forwarder works fine with the latest cfg61b9:
[gbatemp.net]

btw about the intro=0,1,2,3 .. It sounds to me having 4 different forwarder dols is a bit too much complication, intro is an option like any other, so in my opinion it would be enough to add the different option values to the list of all options that are already there, no need to complicate with different dols. Besides this is already possible using the existing crap, just add intro=X to the list of used parameters and that's it no?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2010 01:54PM by oggzee.
December 03, 2010 04:39PM
oggzee
fyi: Confirmation that crap's wiiflow forwarder works fine with the latest cfg61b9:
[gbatemp.net]

btw about the intro=0,1,2,3 .. It sounds to me having 4 different forwarder dols is a bit too much complication, intro is an option like any other, so in my opinion it would be enough to add the different option values to the list of all options that are already there, no need to complicate with different dols. Besides this is already possible using the existing crap, just add intro=X to the list of used parameters and that's it no?

Well intro parameter is hardcoded into the forwarder. Of course intro stuff should be set in the channel creator due to newly added options to this parameter. What I had suggested to Pippin666 was a workaround actually since I am a bit busy at work and can't even touch a wii these days smiling smiley

January 09, 2011 01:46PM
Hey WiiCrazy !
I have a problem with Crap.
I can't use it with a External hard disk in NTFS... When i select it, it says "Oops, not a WBFS Drive".
Do you have anny idear?
Thx
Cya
January 09, 2011 02:01PM
Wholly
Hey WiiCrazy !
I have a problem with Crap.
I can't use it with a External hard disk in NTFS... When i select it, it says "Oops, not a WBFS Drive".
Do you have anny idear?
Thx
Cya

Are you sure you are using the latest version?

January 10, 2011 05:37PM
I use the V3.3b's Version
January 11, 2011 09:28PM
And I try with the 2.7's version !
January 11, 2011 10:35PM
which one gave you the error 2.7 or 3.3 ? WBFS files support for fat32 and ntfs is introduced in 3.0 version..
you can see complete changelog with timeline here : [www.tepetaklak.com]

Hmm it seems I didn't release any new version of this app since 30/04/2010...

January 12, 2011 12:02PM
It say the error with the two version !
January 17, 2011 06:04PM
So... You have an idear?
January 17, 2011 06:06PM
Well nothing comes to my mind, which OS were you using?

January 29, 2011 05:01PM
I using a Windows Xp 32bits Sp2 version. I'll format my disk in FAT32 and try again
February 05, 2011 02:04AM
oggzee
[gbatemp.net]

Hi there.

I was going to start in the game channel world, by using Crap 3.3b, but I would like to be able to use CFG USB Loader, but latest stable version (6.5). grinning smiley

Have any idea on when you plan to update Crap to support newer version of loaders (also USBLoader GX has been recently revamped)? That would be a GREAT enhancement to this simple but hugely useful piece of software... thumbs up

Is there anything I can do help you on achieving this? eye rolling smiley

Thanks and best regards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2011 02:06AM by pplucky.
February 05, 2011 10:15AM
Well work has stopped under Crap's new name WiiGSC, I had the idea that I should introduce a new major feature into the app. Now I'm totally unsure about what to introduce into the app so the developement has stopped. I know people are having hard time keeping up to date with the newest rev. of loaders. I'll hopefully get into the full working mood soon...

February 24, 2011 10:31AM
Why I can't use S.Chinese in Crap?

February 24, 2011 09:30PM
liuhaohua
Why I can't use S.Chinese in Crap?

Well I've received the language file you sent me via PM. At first sight it was not a proper xml file, I've not checked but it needs to be in utf-8 encoding. Also xml specific characters should be encoded.

Renaming the extension of the file as xml and opening it in Internet Explorer would give you a clue. I'll recheck the file and see if the problem is a simple one like encoding or a few unencoded xml characters between tags.

February 24, 2011 09:51PM
Problem is in this line,

<Item key="LANGUAGE">ÓïÑÔ/Item>

Note the missing < character. Also all chinese text in the xml file should be in unicode in utf-8 encoding to be properly read by Crap. I don't have IME installed so can't see if the characters are proper. I guess you used an ascii encoding like shift jis? Actually I took a look at already existing Japanese language file and I can se e Japanese characters properly so you definitely need to convert the encoding you used in your S.Chinese translation.

ps: Attached an example language file, Japanese in utf-8 encoding.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2011 09:56PM by WiiCrazy.
Attachments:
open | download - Japanese.zip (4.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 39
Record Number of Guests: 983 on April 14, 2024

Sohbetteki Kullanıcılar

Sohbet odalarında hiç kullanıcı yok!