Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Sohbet

Advanced

Please add Mario Party 9 to the Blocked Game List!

Posted by xichael 
Please add Mario Party 9 to the Blocked Game List!
November 16, 2012 06:01PM
Please add Mario Party 9 to the Blocked Game List before anyone else bricks their Wii!

I ended up having to replace my motherboard because of this. Not fun...

Re: Please add Mario Party 9 to the Blocked Game List!
November 17, 2012 10:40PM
Replacing mother board is unnecessary, that banner brick is easily solved using a modchip. But of course I'll add it to the list.

Still you should have had the fail safe measures already at hand before using this program as suggested in it.

"security, like correctness, is not an add-on feature." andrew s. tanenbaum, 5.4.4 design principles for security (operating systems, design and implementation second edition)
twitter | blog | homepage
November 18, 2012 04:01AM
I had looked into the modchip/savemii option, but the $45 eBay mobo seemed to be the better option. As for Boot2 recovery, unfortunately, Bootmii didn't find my original mobo compatible, so I was pretty much screwed.

Please, anytime you get word of a game forwarder bricking people's Wiis, add it to the list! My situation could have been easily avoided had you added it to the list way back on March 7th when you first got reports of this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2012 04:01AM by xichael.
November 18, 2012 05:43AM
Bootmii is not the sole fail safe measure. You could have installed priiloader if you don't have vulnerable boot1.

"security, like correctness, is not an add-on feature." andrew s. tanenbaum, 5.4.4 design principles for security (operating systems, design and implementation second edition)
twitter | blog | homepage
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Guests: 983 on April 14, 2024

Sohbetteki Kullanıcılar

Sohbet odalarında hiç kullanıcı yok!