Posted by WiiCrazy 
WiiGSC 1.06b is released
July 03, 2011 06:45PM
Here are the changes,

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= WiiGSC 1.06b -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
03/07/2011 WiiCrazy/I.R.on
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Wbfs file/path naming fixes. 

* 64-bit Windows compatibility (cough Win 7 cough)

* Self Installer updated (win. executables created by WiiGSC)

* Splash image of wad installer changed & infamous cios 249 bug fixed.
You can now use any revision of cios 249.

* Cosmetic changes regarding test & installation feature.

* KeyStego tool bundled into the release again.

* Bundled language updates (German, Japanese, S.Chinese)

download here : WiiGSC-1.06b.zip

"security, like correctness, is not an add-on feature." andrew s. tanenbaum, 5.4.4 design principles for security (operating systems, design and implementation second edition)
twitter | blog | homepage

Re: WiiGSC 1.06b is released
July 04, 2011 09:26AM
Japanese language file updated.
Attachments:
open | download - Japanese1.06b.zip (5.2 KB)
July 04, 2011 10:28AM
pplucky
oggzee
fyi: Confirmation that crap's wiiflow forwarder works fine with the latest cfg61b9:
[gbatemp.net]

Hi there.

I was going to start in the game channel world, by using Crap 3.3b, but I would like to be able to use CFG USB Loader, but latest stable version (6.5). grinning smiley

Have any idea on when you plan to update Crap to support newer version of loaders (also USBLoader GX has been recently revamped)? That would be a GREAT enhancement to this simple but hugely useful piece of software... thumbs up

Is there anything I can do help you on achieving this? eye rolling smiley

Thanks and best regards.

WiiCrazy
Well work has stopped under Crap's new name WiiGSC, I had the idea that I should introduce a new major feature into the app. Now I'm totally unsure about what to introduce into the app so the developement has stopped. I know people are having hard time keeping up to date with the newest rev. of loaders. I'll hopefully get into the full working mood soon...

Any plans on when this will also be fixed?

Thanks in advance
Feature requests... Pretty please.... or full source code would work too....
July 05, 2011 09:57PM
1) in LoaderConfig.xml in the <Forwarders> section

<SupportsPartitionSelection>0</SupportsPartitionSelection>

can this be a list of supported partitions rather than just a yes or no answer for example the loader i wrote is ntfs only small loader for CFG

<SupportsPartitionSelection argument="partition">ntfs1,ntfs2,ntfs3,ntfs4</SupportsPartitionSelection>

also

fat1,fat2,fat3,fat4
sd1,sd2,sd3,sd4

2) my placeholder string for the arguments is

CFGCNF0000000PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS

which i copied from a hex editor from the other loaders is above but there is some issue when i build the wad if i unpack the wad and look at the .app it has messed up this string royally the arguments in the text box are partition=ntfs1 ios=249 the period . in the text below is ascii value 0 ie null terminator which is in the right place.... but it replaces the a in partition with a zero numerical character ascii value 30 and for some reason it is not overwriting the CFGCNF0000000 first 13 bytes which basically wrecks all sorts of things.... if i test my loader with the test loader button it runs perfectly booting ntfs1 copy of CFG 70b5 on a hard drive that requires ios 58 based cios dx2 v6 and if i hard code the gameid it runs the game too but the minute i add the banner from the game to the mix and gsc scribbles all over the dol file it wont work...... i am guessing the below items are partly responsible.......

CFGCNF0000000 p0rtition=ntfs1 ios=249.AMETERS PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS

3) maybe add a drop down for IOS entries too?

<SupportsCIOSSelection argument="ios">222-mload,223-mload,224-mload,245,246,247,248,249,250</SupportsCIOSSelection>

4) maybe even make these more flexible and just limit it with like max of 8 id's you could add text boxes and stuff too if you wanted....

<ComboBoxArgument id=0 gui_name="cIOS" argument_name="ios">222-mload,223-mload,224-mload,245,246,247,248,249,250</ComboBoxArgument>
<ComboBoxArgument id=1 gui_name="Partition" argument_name="partition">ntfs1,ntfs2,ntfs3,ntfs4</ComboBoxArgument>
<ComboBoxArgument id=2 gui_name="Intro" argument_name="intro">0,1,2,3,4,start</ComboBoxArgument>

5) <ConfigPlaceHolder>CFGCNF</ConfigPlaceHolder> should maybe be

<ArgumentsPlaceHolderMagic max_length=4096>CFGCNF</ArgumentsPlaceHolderMagic>

and then the string can be filled with CFGCNF upto max_length bytes to prevent crashes from buffer overruns and lets the loader decide how much space it needs for arguments
possible bug in create wad
July 05, 2011 10:00PM
this is in my feature request post but i pulled it out and put it here as well as it is more of a bug report

i wrote a loader that works with NTFS USB drives only that have CFG USB Loader 70b5+ on the USB Drive itself it works fine when i set a gameid default in the placeholder for discid and then run Test Loader from the installer in Wii Gsc but if i install it and try it does not work at all

my placeholder string for the arguments is

char *plchldr = "CFGCNF0000000PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS";

copied from a hex editor after compile it is intact

CFGCNF0000000PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS

i got this from a hex editor after loading up the other configurable loaders but there is some issue when i build the wad if i unpack the wad and look at the .app it has messed up this string royally the arguments in the text box are partition=ntfs1 ios=249 the period . in the text below is ascii value 0 ie null terminator which is in the right place.... but it replaces the a in partition with a zero numerical character ascii value 30 and for some reason it is not overwriting the CFGCNF0000000 first 13 bytes which basically wrecks all sorts of things.... if i test my loader with the test loader button it runs perfectly booting ntfs1 copy of CFG 70b5 on a hard drive that requires ios 58 based cios dx2 v6 and if i hard code the gameid it runs the game too but the minute i add the banner from the game to the mix and gsc scribbles all over the dol file it wont work...... i am guessing the below items are partly responsible.......

CFGCNF0000000 p0rtition=ntfs1 ios=249.AMETERS PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS PLACEHOLDER FOR EXTRA PARAMETERS
July 05, 2011 10:34PM
<Modder>Debug</Modder>

for some reason instead of showing this as the Modder it shows the dol filename as the Modder??
Additional feature request
July 05, 2011 10:41PM
Delimiters

can you use a different delimiter than space in the arguments string

partition = ntfs1,partition = ntfs2

as some arguments are strings that may contain spaces and this borks everything up
Another bug
July 05, 2011 10:47PM
using the auto partition selector

<SupportsPartitionSelection>1</SupportsPartitionSelection>

choosing 8 - NTFS1

the 8 gets put into the string in the dol before the argument name like this

CFGCNF00000008partition=ntfs1

CFGCNF00000009partition=ntfs2

and CFGCNF0000000 still is not being overwritten just added onto

also if you have an empty string for the parameters / settings / arguments it does this

CFGCNF0000000.L0CEHOLDER FOR

the first character after CFGCNF0000000 changes to ascii 0 and also it changes the A 2 characters further along into a zero???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2011 10:59PM by debug.
Re: Feature requests... Pretty please.... or full source code would work too....
July 06, 2011 12:21PM
@debug : Thanks for the input. Actually a general redesign of loaders is in my todo list. Can't comment about the bugs you explained at the moment but I'll investigate the issue.

"security, like correctness, is not an add-on feature." andrew s. tanenbaum, 5.4.4 design principles for security (operating systems, design and implementation second edition)
twitter | blog | homepage
Re: Feature requests... Pretty please.... or full source code would work too....
August 08, 2011 04:28PM
Naber? winking smiley Just wanted to ask how work is progressing and if there will be a new release soon.
August 18, 2011 06:49AM
Are you going to add support when using NANDEmu (sorg's sneek) or sneek? That would be really cool!
December 27, 2011 10:28PM
Can someone please teach a newb the outmost basics of how to install this program?

Thanks!
February 26, 2013 05:46AM
Hi WiiCrazy/I.R.on,

It's a while since I used Crap2.3. Seems there were great changes. Thanks for keeping updating the software. It is a handy tool.

When using WiiGSC 1.06b, I noticed a few issues.
1. Permission.
I'm running WiiGSC on Win7. When I started WiiGSC after installation, it prompted me that KeyStego is to be run to create common keys. But next I see "access denied" information. I have to grant "everyone full control" permission to WiiGSC folder and subfolders to fix this.

2. <Item key="NOTAWBFSDRIVE">Oops, not a WBFS drive!</Item>
This is shown also when the WBFS drive is being used by another program. I did not realize this at first, and thought this might be a bug, until I see WiiBackupManager in the taskbar. Maybe it is better to change this to "Not a WBFS drive or WBFS drive is being used by another program."

3. non-Ansi game names are not shown correct (see attached png).

3. Translation (s.Chinese)
As a translator, I'm naturally sensitive to translation problems. I'm happy to see that different langauges are available now. So I changed he language to s.Chinese, then I found a few problems.

-All "Official" were translated as "non-official".
-Some expression errors
I've fixed those problems in the attached translation file (S.Chinese.zip) This is not a complete fix, I did not perform a thorough review but only fixed those I found problematic. And I also reverted other languages back to English so that if someone doesn't know Chinese accidentally selected simplified Chinese, he/she can easily switch back to his/her language.

And I'm not sure about this sentence below, I changed sentence with my best guess for now:
<Item key="INVALIDBANNERDISCID">Doesn't seem to be a folder with a disc id and a banner with disc id name in it?</Item>
Should it be "Doesn't seem to be a folder with a disc file or a banner file with disc id in it's name"?

PS: I like the old zip package releases better, I can place it in a u-Key and carry it with me.

Best Regards,
benrock

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2013 12:07PM by benrock.
Attachments:
open | download - WiiGSC1.png (91.9 KB)
open | download - S.Chinese.zip (5.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Guests: 983 on April 14, 2024

Sohbetteki Kullanıcılar

Sohbet odalarında hiç kullanıcı yok!